Tuesday, September 20, 2011

LINK IN A CHAIN


A few months ago I had the privilege of riding in one of our Wednesday night vans. I was impressed with how organized the ministry had become. As the kids packed into the van I was riding in, I noticed how happy they were to receive their sack lunches we provide at the end of the night. What impacted me the most was when a little boy sitting behind me leaned up and told me, "My daddy gets out of prison Saturday and mom says he might come see me." I can't even begin to tell you what compassion swelled up in me. What is it like to live without your father? What does this little boy witness on a day to day basis? It breaks my heart to tell you that just a few weeks ago (after the father was released) the little boy witnessed him get arrested again.

It's stories like that which motivate us to start ministries such as Mobile Kids Club. We are taking the van pictured here into the apartment complexes around our church and ministering to boys and girls. I can't tell you how proud I am of our ministry team here at Highpointe. Our Pastors and servant leaders have such a heart for those who are without Christ.

I can't help but wonder the impact we are making by investing into the lives of little boys and girls whose family environment that isn't healthy.

If you would like to change the life of a little boy or girl in this ministry please email us at info@highpointe.tv The commitment is only one Saturday a month. Imagine what that one hour a month could reap in eternal benefits.

You could be a link in the chain which brought a deserving child to Christ!